Monday, September 29, 2014

Weekend Update: Ariana Grande on Saturday Night Live

>> Late night TV is a passion of mine, and more often than not, these shows feature some killer musical guests. For instance, I love Saturday Night Live.  It's kind of my thing, actually.  How else would I have first discovered The Lonely Island if I hadn't been watching when "Lazy Sunday" first aired?   For those of you who have better things to do or can't seem to stay up that late on a week night, I'll be giving you a recap of what you missed. 


>> Pop star Ariana Grande was the musical guest this past weekend for the 40th season premiere of Saturday Night Live.  The episode, hosted by actor Chris Pratt, featured skits mocking Marvel, Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" and the bar scene, 90s family sitcoms, and much more.  (*The Marvel skit is on point, so I highly recommend checking that out if you're a fan of the brand.) Between the skits, Ariana Grande performed twice.  First was a version of her single "Break Free" with a sweet stripped down intro that soon transitioned into the high energy pop anthem we know it to be.  


>> Later in the show, Ariana performed "Love Me Harder," a song from her album My Everything, with a guest spot from The Weeknd.  The two had great chemistry on the stage, and I don't know about you, but that song has been stuck in my head since the performance. You can watch that below.


>> Now, as much as I love late night TV shows such as SNL and The Tonight Show, I can't possibly watch them all.  That's where you come in - if you've recently seen an awesome performance, let me know! I'd love to feature whatever you think is worth mentioning: Tweet @TheMusicObsessi, tag #TheMusicObsession on Twitter and Instagram, or write something at facebook.com/TheMusicObsession !


Get Connected:
.

No comments: