Monday, June 1, 2015

Full Disclosure: I'm A Publicist Now, Too!


>> Hey there, loyal readers! Today is a cool day for me personally.  I, Kate Russell, graduated from NYU's Gallatin School of Individualized Study on May 20th 2015, and I graduated with a job waiting for me. I'm proud to announce that as of today, June 1st, I'm now a publicity manager with The Catalyst Publicity Group. I've worked with the Catalyst ladies through setting up coverage for their artists on this site and I came to really appreciate the way they run things. They value music and musicians in the same way that I do, and I couldn't be happier with this opportunity.

>> I have written about Catalyst artists over the years and I don't intend to stop, but I do promise that I won't begin using The Music Obsession as a way to shamelessly plug my own clients. If and when I do write about a client, I plan to make a note of it in each post.  I've only given time and support to artists that I believe deserve it over the years, and that won't change. The coverage will stay the same in the sense that it won't be all Catalyst artists all the time - plus I'm bringing on some new writers who will be shedding light on what catches their interest.  My job title might have changed, but the value I place on this site and honest writing hasn't.

>> The Music Obsession turns 7 this month (next Monday 6/8, to be exact).  This has been my baby for 7 years now, and I don't plan on abandoning it any time soon. The plan is to balance publicist duties with my love for sharing great music with you readers, and that should be doable especially with new contributors.  To celebrate this milestone, TMO will host a give-away in the coming weeks. Keep your eyes peeled for the official announcement! Thanks for your continued support.


Get Connected:
Catalyst: Website | My Email | FacebookTwitter
Personal: LinkedInInstagram | Twitter

.


No comments: